Friday, January 1, 2010

Dreaming Halo

When Darren and I lived in North Carolina we spent many a night (of course before kids) playing video games.  Two of our all time favorites were Castle Wolfenstein and Halo.

When Darren upgraded from his Xbox console to the new Xbox 360 I urged him to get the new Halo, Halo 3.  



In the beginning we played it fairly often then as things got more and more hectic(we now have kids) we played it less and then not at all.

Until last night.

I always forget how much fun we end up having.  The game allows us to play the missions together. 


In the first Halo, we both had to be the main character, Master Chief.  But in Halo 2 and 3 player 1 (Darren) gets to be Master Chief 











   and I get to be Arbiter





"Originally a sworn enemy of the humans, Arbiter was forced to join forces with them in Halo 2 and 3. Arbiter is by far the most kickass guy in halo and with him master chief could not finish the fight."

So, basically he is like a traitor and through out the game his "brothers", the covenant taunt him.  They all shout "kill the Arbiter".



In the game we each drive tanks, hummers, a.t.vs, helicopters, etc.


We get to shoot at these alien things that we call "chiggers"  and "the flood".

  
We had a lot of fun last night and thought we were going to complete the game but we didn't.
We stopped and welcomed in the new year.

We went to bed soon after and I had very vivid dreams.  Darren asked me this morning if I had dreams about the game.

"I sure did.  I had a dream that I was Arbiter and I was in school.  All the kids were making fun of me and pointing at me."

He laughed.

"Did you dream about the game?" I asked in return.

"Yep, and I shot everybody up!"


1 comment:

PolishPrince said...

I sure did shoot 'em up!...Wanna play now??????????????