Thursday, December 31, 2009

365 list

The 365 List

I've never really done "resolutions". I like the idea of this 365 list. I admit, when I first stumbled upon it I thought I was about to read a list of 365 things a random person had listed out to work on over the coming year. I was pleasantly surprised to find this instead. An idea that I think is not only motivational and inspirational but set up in a way that allows your goals to be achievable.

3 things to work on this year
  1. Organizing the entire house and keeping it that way.  We have a lot of things to get rid of donate
  2. Giving Darren more attention, hugs, kisses, praise, appreciation, touches, love
  3. I need to treat my camera as I do my cell phone.  Taking it everywhere I go and using it on daily basis.
6 Things I want to do this year
  1. Take our 1st annual summer vacation.
  2. Run 2 5k's or 1 5k and 1 10k.
  3. Photograph, Photograph, Photograph
  4. Get additional tattoos to near completion of my left arm shoulder/chest work of art.
  5. Go to Missouri to visit my friend Angie. (this will be news to her I haven't talked to her in way too long)
  6. Start work on a biography writing project I've been meaning to do for two years now. 
5 Things to get rid of this year
  1. Migraines - even if it means taking daily medication. I admit my defeat and seek relief.
  2. Anything bad with my teeth. This is the year I will have any and all teeth related things completed. And then maybe as a treat and a motivational tool - teeth whitening.
  3. Our high mortgage payment.
  4. Our oven
  5. Our old decrepit hot water tank

Wishing everyone a safe, happy and healthy 2010.  May you accomplish your goals, aspire to betterment and hold your loved ones nice and tight.  

"We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."  
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments: