Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekly Menu Monday

This week is definately going to be SPRING like.  Temperatures will be in the mid 50's to 60's all week.  After the past week of rain it'll be nice to get the lawn to dry up a little so the boys can play sans mud. 

I also want to start running again AND start working in the yard. 

This past week's menu had a few WINNERS. 
Seriously...the food was phenomenal.

The healthy mac and cheese is made with pureed squash.  I had some still frozen from last summer and used that.  While I admit it looked GAGalicious before baking, it looked, smelled and tasted delicious upon doneness.

The Slow Cooker Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce had me questioning my gag reflex again.  Putting a big scoop of peanut butter into the sauce half an hour before serving it made me so nervous and kind of yuck but paired with the teriyaki sauce and rice vinegar it was super good.


The layered summertime salad is from Taste Of Home.  It's always been one of our favorites.  It keeps super well in the fridge for a day or two, even with the lettuce and it's healthy, crunchy and fun!
This picture is borrowed from www.tasteofhome.com


Here's what's cookin in the kitchen of Kerri's Klutter this week:
Monday:  Ham and Spinach Quiche

Tuesday:  Tater Tot Casserole

Wednesday:  Sweet -n- Sour Sausage

Thursday:  Faux Jerk Chicken

Friday:  (Reattempt at my tooth extraction) YOYO(you're on your own) for the boys

Saturday: Pizza

Sunday:  Broiled Tilapia Parmesan




That's what's cookin in the Klutters Kitchen
What's cookin in yours?
I'm linking up over at "I'm an Organizing Junkie" for Menu Plan Monday
 Happy Weekly Menu Monday

I'm also linking up with Ian at The Daily Dose of Reality
for Monday Minute (sex talk)- click to check it out

Get your comments together and come back to Kerri's Klutter  tomorrow to link up for:
Comment-Love Letters.
Kerri’s Clutter


A fun way to show your comment-love leavers that
you love them back!

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

The layered salad looks so delicious!

ToyLady said...

I have a similar pork recipe with the peanut butter - and you're right! The idea is . . . weird, but it's so good when it's done!

California Keys said...

My wife makes a mac'n'cheese with squash! It's one of my favorite dinners!