Last Friday my frustrations were:
4. Personal relationship B
7. Waiting for approval or denial from mortgage company on Loan Modification
8. Finding Kerri Quiet time - getting up at 6am?
This was a busy week. Darren has been home sick since Monday so our routine was completely different then normal. That's ok though because I'm learning and working on being more flexable. I got flustered and anxious a few times but I think overall I did a good job "going with the flow".
Kudos to Chris H. for the suggestion to use a childproof saftey lock for the cabinet that wouldn't close. It still doesn't close all the way but it works well enough that it's not a nuisance and it keeps Aidan out of it and the bowls and lids inside and not thrown all over the house every day all week...hooray for that!
The laptop post it dilemma is just ridiculous. There is nothing I can do about it for the time being. I complain about my laptop probably on a daily basis without realizing it. It's a big source of weekly frustration. However, I am fortunate that it is a working laptop and it allows me to do what I need to do on here. It's not perfect but it's not so terrible that I should constantly vent about it and get upset. It is what it is...until I can afford a new laptop it's not the worst case scenario.
Project organization has gone beautifully. I got a few projects not only started but completed. Yea for me! The side entrance hallway is currently a work-in-progress. Once that's done I have the next project lined up. Being organized and having a plan is one thing that keeps me sane.
Insurance for Aidan was a simple frustration to eliminate this week. It took me all but a half an hour and my parents watching the boys to drive to the appointment and fill out paperwork. It was the timing issue that became a frustration more so then the actual task.
The dining room ceiling looks exactly the same BUT my Dad gave me a great suggestion and it's being planned into the mix of projects to complete. I have 2 brand new boxes of tiles waiting to be put up. Not so much a frustration anymore as it is an eye sore.
Personal relationship A, again, it is what it is. I have simply (easier said then done) reassigned my energy. I googled, researched and observed. Then I implemented. So far so good. In order to maintain this outlook I have plans to write about this relationship soon. Writing out my motives helps me commit myself to them.
Here are my current FRUSTRATIONS FRIDAY, in no particular order.
- Migraines. Short of going on medication I have tried everything I can think of. My doctor suggested I go back on birth control pills. I haven't been on them in over 6 years. The memories I have of being on pills are not ones I retell at parties. Angry Crazy Kerri - yeah, not a happy girl.
- I really don't want to get up at 6am to get my Kerri Quiet....really, really don't want to. Thinking I might have to bite the bullet on this one.
- Personal relationship B - still needing more T.L.C. and working on it.
- The approval/denial from our Mortgage Company. After just looking online at our account it appears as though I will have to call them. They promised a response in 45 days. It has almost been 45 days. This said response was supposed to arrive in my mailbox. Nothing yet. Still waiting.
- Our vehicle situation. This needs to be explained in greater detail, definitely warranting its own blog. Definitely starting to make me worry on a daily basis. This needs to be resolved before the snow starts to fall.
Remember those bracelets I told you about last week....the ones my sister jokingly wrote about taking out of my mailbox...funny lady....here's an article about them and the original "No complaining for 21 days" campaign that I wanted to be a part of. Purple Bracelet Commitment.
Could you stop complaining for 21 days?
Share your frustrations with me today and remember:
If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo