Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Final Week of 2009 - Sunday Stealing Meme



1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?  
I ran my first 5k. Hell yeah!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  I promised myself I would do things for me.  I continue to work on this every day.  I don't call my goals resolutions because I am a work in progress and continue to work at being better every single day.  

3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?  Home with Darren. Drinking wine.  Watching a video, playing some games.  Just us.  (As far as I know)

4. Did anyone close to you die?  No.  Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada.  Went there for a mini vacation for our Anniversary in March.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?   
More patience.  I'm getting there.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 6th.  
A wonderful friend lost her amazing father.  It is so hard to watch someone you care deeply about going through something so unimaginable.  My heart hurts for her.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 
Learning how to write more honestly, openly and freely. 

9. What was your biggest failure? Not keeping in touch with certain friends.  I miss you Angie. 
and also not seeing Hailey Fuoco more.  She was born on March 13th and I've hardly seen her.  Her Mommy is a wonderful friend and I'm sad that Hailey is almost 1 and doesn't know me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  I cut my thumb at the beginning of the year, had to get stitches.  I got a pretty nasty black eye from walking into a corner of a desk and most recently gouged my finger.  I see a pattern forming.  I've never been this injured before.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

11. What was the best thing you bought?  My tattoo.  Hell yeah!  I love it.

12. Where did most of your money go? Bills. Bills.  Bills. 

13. What song will always remind you of 2009? Fireflies by Owl City has been stuck in my head recently not sure if I'll think about 2009 when I hear it in the future though.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of? Hugging and Kissing Darren and my boys.  Can you ever really say you've done it enough?

15. What do you wish you'd done less of?  Complaining

16. What was your favourite TV program? Prison Break.  I miss seeing Wentworth Miller play Michael Scofield.  Why?  Because he is just pretty damn sexy


17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?  Hate?  I don't hate.  People come and go.  If they aren't around anymore then there must be a good reason. 

18. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot this year.  Twilight Series..ok.  Dark Places by Gillian Flynn was a great novel but I was disappointed by the ending. Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult was good but again not impressed by the ending.  Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom was a great read.  That got me thinking, feeling, wondering, etc.  That seems to be the closest to "best". 



19. What was your greatest musical discovery?  I dance as often as I can with my boys.  I mean, we ROCK the house.  A hootin and a hollerin....We. Dance. Our. Butts. Off.

20. What was your favorite film of this year?  I love Sandra Bullock.  We recently just watched The Proposal and I laughed pretty much the entire movie. 






but I also watched and recommended Sunshine Cleaners to several people.  It has stuck with me since August so it must be good, right? 

21. What did you do on your birthday?  I worked then Darren and I went out on a date.  It was a good birthday.  My parents, sisters and extended family came over the next day and we had a great evening together.  See my "I'm gonna tell you what I wished for" post.

22. What kept you sane?  As much as I say they drive me insane... My boys and my husband keep me grounded.  They make this house a home and my daily life a living.

23. Who did you miss?  I miss every single person that is no longer here with us.  I miss you all every single day.  I think about you.  I remember you.  I love you.

24. Who was the best new person you met?  You know who you are. 

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:  It is what it is.  (Words I now live by)

2 comments:

Christie said...

Ahh I finally had a minute of quiet to sit down and indulge in your writings. I do love reading them so :) We miss you and hope to get to visit with you soon. I'm so giddy to know your thinking of us because were thinking of you! I was actually just talking about you tonight...I was saying busy work had been lately and how I hoped you didn't think I had been ignoring you on IM...on facebook...or here...:) cause I haven't:). Thinking of you daily. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sugar Bear said...

Life gets so busy, doesn't it? I'm just glad we're friends because we know the other is still there, being our friend...no matter what.
Love and miss you...like crazy.