Wow. Whoah. Wow. This morning Jacek and I counted the rings that are left on his countdown to Christmas red and green chain. 21 rings. I then verified this to be fact by counting the days on the calendar. 21 days, really?
I have yet to write anything about Christmas besides needing a little Christmas spirit and being excited about decorating and making cookies.
My mind has been occupied with getting tasks done rather then enjoying the season yet. I'm hurrying to get to that point. And I'm doing what ever I can to stay ahead of the game. Right now, I'm almost a week ahead of my project schedule.
And, we might be going to hunt down our Christmas tree THIS Sunday instead of next. But, I want there to be snow and right now there is no snow!
To stir up some holiday thoughts in my old noggin. I found these fun questions online.
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Without a doubt eggnog. I can drink hot chocolate any time of the year but when I see that eggnog carton in the refrigerators at the grocery store come November I immediately think of Christmas, sugar cookies and sipping that calorie ridden but delicious syrup.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Some are wrapped, some are in bags, some are naked. Keeps us guessing.
3. Colored lights or white? Mostly colored lights.
4.Do you hang mistletoe? I got this huge mistletoe ball in a open box at an auction. It's not real but I really like it. I've hung it up two Christmas's now. Darren walks into it more then he stops under it.
5. When do you decorate for Christmas? I'd love to decorate the day after Thanksgiving but I have yet to accomplish this. We normally wait until the 2nd weekend in December to get our tree. I try to have the house all done before we get the tree.
6. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My mother trying to corral us three girls on the staircase for pictures. I remember being so antsy and excited to get down the stairs to see the living room in all it's decorated and present layed glory.
7. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights go on first. Then the special ornaments followed by the rest of the ornaments and lastly, the Angel.
8. Snow. Love it or hate it? I love snow when it's simple. A Christmas without snow isn't the same. It loses some of it's wonder when it's just gray, wet and muddy.
9. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Holiday spirit, family time and making new traditions and memories
10. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Grandma Wheeler's Sugar Cookies...made and decorated with love
11. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Cutting down our Christmas tree.
12. What tops your tree? An angel that Darren has had since around the '80's.
13. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love buying, wrapping and giving
14. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rocking Around The Christmas Tree and Santa Baby
15. Candy canes. I'm not a big peppermint fan. I love the new flavors they've been coming out with. Cherry! Yum.
21 days till Christmas 2009. How are you enjoying the season so far?