On Tuesday night I was jumping up and down.
Repeat. Jumping up and down. In front of Darren and the boys. They know I'm crazy so I didn't really have their attention until I exclaimed,
"I won an award!, I won an award!"
I may have sang it but I don't remember with all the arm flailing that was going on.
Then there was just silence as they tried to understand what exactly crazy jumping up and down lady was saying.
Darren said "awesome babe".
Jacek asked "Where is the award?".
When I told him it was on my computer he looked at me said, "oh."
So, out there in bloggyland are gazillions of people like myself who have found themselves addicted to this blogging thing.
Melissa over at
liked Kerri's Klutter enough to
give me recognition on her blog
and give me this award.
and give me this award.
Thank you so much Melissa!
Every blog award (apparently) comes with rules for recipients to follow:
- Post the award.
- Thank and mention the person who gave you the award.
- Pass the award on to seven bloggers whom you think embody the spirit of the Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Name seven things about yourself that others don't know.
- Don’t forget to notify your seven Kreativ Bloggers about their AWARD and post links to their blog
Now I'm not sure exactly what the spirit of the Kreativ Blogger is and I even googled it. The ones I have chosen to award embody (in my opinion) originality, creativeness (either in subject matter or crafty in general) and I find them genuine and honest.
Below are the 7 bloggers whom I've chosen (in no particular order).
Over at Not Quite Susie Homemaker you will find a busy lady. She's in the beginning stages of her blog life (much like myself) but she has big plans. She plans to take over the blogosphere. Maybe she'll let me come along for the ride!
Holly at Homebody amazes me. She has great decorating ideas and tips on being frugal in the process.
Danielle of Who's that girl had me laughing and cringing. She recently wrote about her implants. Too funny to pass up.
I found Suzanne at Thirty:Own Up to Being Grown-up at the Lady Bloggers Society. Her goal is to become an acclaimed syndicated columnist. She is another newbie but I don't think her followers will stay small for long.
Honey B at The Honey B. blog has a "Babybucket List". I've been a follower of hers for a little while now. I look forward to her daily posts. She's funny and fun and is about to cross BUY A HOUSE of her list.
I am NOT a VOLCANO has beautiful photographs and makes these awesome fairy wings that she currently has a giveaway running for. Hurry, it ends March 6th. She is very talented and her blog showcases that.
Melissa from My life and How It's Going is a blog I read daily. I think we are a lot a like. On a recent post she wrote, "For me, blogging is an outlet. It’s something I enjoy doing. I like to write. I like to share. I also like getting feedback, attention, and support from other people(doesn't everyone?).
Congrats to you seven and thank you for gracing the blogosphere with your words.
Can they get a whoop whoop?
This was a great way for me to discover some new blogs to follow. I selected 4 I read daily and 3 that I came across in my searching. I hope you'll go and check them out.
And now I have to list 7 things about myself that you don't already know.
- I have a tendency to speak in song, in an opera style singing voice, with complete abandon.
- I fear the dentist and I hate teeth.
- I love karaoke
- When I'm driving I almost always imagine I'm running. It's a weird thing that started when I began training for my 1st 5k last year.
- I love tattoos. I want a half sleeve on my left arm.
- If you call me I most likely will not answer the phone. Email or text me though and you'll have a response lickady split.
- If I don't control my anger it will control me. (I am constantly working on this)
And there ya have it. My first award in the record books.
Ker-riiiii is a Kreaaaaa-tiv Blog-gerrrrrrr...
sung in my opera voice of course!!!
Totally tooting my own horn but please don't hold it against me ;o)
I'll be less excited and loud the NEXT time I win an award
? Yeah, probably not ?