Monday, February 8, 2010

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes

Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes


SERVES 8 

Ingredients

Directions

In large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.

Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker. 
 
Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
 
Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are combined. 
 
 Serve on yummy squishy rolls 
(cheese is optional, Darren would say necessary)

Don't forget the sweet potato fries and apple sauce on the side!

As my son would say, delicioso!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe; it sounds good! I've been using those packets of sloppy joe seasoning because I haven't yet found a recipe that I like. I'll have to try yours.

Marcie Chavez said...

I found your recipe on Our Mommyhood and tried it. It was awesome! I wrote a post about it on my blog: http://marciechavez.blogspot.com/2010/04/recipe-slow-cooker-sloppy-joes.html