Good Morning Blogland!! T.G.I.F to everyone.......
This is not the post I had "planned" for today. I'll post that one too since I worked on it last night. Right when I was shutting down my computer last night a blog idea popped into my head so I went up to my bedroom and worked on it. It's not in its best form yet but I think it's a good enough idea to share and see what develops from it. Sometimes those ideas can be the best kind, the ones you leave a little room for, so they can grow and become something.
I used to complain a lot. It's so easy to, isn't it? I think and I hope Darren and anyone else that's known me for awhile would agree, that I've bettered myself in that aspect over the last few years.
A couple of years back I even signed Darren and me up on this positive thinking website. The premise behind the website is that rather then complain try instead to think of a solution or remedy to the issue. We were supposed to be sent these "reminder" bracelets, to remind us to not complain and to use positive thinking to solve your problem. We never got the bracelets. I didn't complain about it though....instead I deleted their web address from my bookmarks....bunch of friggin liars ;o) But seriously it'd be a great thing to have less complaining and more doing. Focus that energy you use to complain on doing something about it!!
Don't get me wrong. I still complain. There are many things that I don't have the answers to, or ways to "fix". From time to time, when a certain mood strikes I will dwell on them, I don't cry over them....well, much anyway but they can be a source of frustrating frustration.
So, I decided to try and make this my Fridays Focus.....Frustrations Friday. I will list any frustrations, big or small. Then through the following days before the next Friday I vow to work on them and hopefully they won't be on the next Friday's list.
Will you do this with me? List a few of your frustrations in comments and make a promise to yourself to find ways to resolve them.
This doesn't mean that you have to complete something in order to deem it removed from the list. For example if you're frustrated over money, which I know a lot of people are, that isn't going to go away in a week...the overall frustration anyway. What you can do now is find a way to not complain about it, to be ok with it essentially. Try to make a budget or cut coupons or sell a few things on craigslist. Do what you need to do to make it less a target for complaining.
I will be posting pictures along with some of mine because, well, because it's fun!
Here are my FRUSTRATIONS FRIDAY, in no particular order.
- My computers post it note dilemma. I have to use a pad of post it notes to hold up the end of my power cord piece. Without it the computer doesn't charge and my battery light will come on and off, come on and off until my computer freezes and crashes, which happens often because it's just not a very good solution. And just try to imagine exactly how I put the laptop on my lap using a huge board book that I stole from the boys all the while holding the post it notes so the cord stays in place. Way to much time spent on this one, I tell ya.
- Project Organization. I have so many things I want to complete before the end of the year and I have not done anything to get organized and serious about them.
- Two of my personal relationships cause me the crazies on a weekly basis.
- Kitchen cabinet that won't close. Even Aidan gets annoyed with this.
- Procrastination on filling out and making an appointment to complete Child Health Plus insurance for Aidan.
- Waiting for approval or denial (yikes) on the application I submitted almost a month ago to get a loan modification on our mortgage.
- It's becoming clear to me that I will need to get up at 6am in order to get the Kerri Quiet I know I need to be productive the rest of the day.
AND 1 more that seriously happened as I was writing out this post....isn't life just wonderful?.
Take it easy today peeps. Please stop and share some of your frustrations with me. I feel better just sharing.
Have a great day. And hey......quit yer bitchin