Saturday, November 21, 2009

Good Times, Good Friends, Good-byes


In less then 12 hours I will be on a plane flying back home to New York.  To my family.  To where I belong.

This trip has been a wonderful experience,  the perfect length, and a great escape from my normal.

Darren and I lived in North Carolina for almost four years.  It was nice to re-visit the "South".  I didn't realize how much I missed hearing the southern accent and being outside the week before Thanksgiving and not having to wear a heavy coat, a scarf and gloves.  It has been a wonderful visit but it is time for me to go home.

Bobbi and I have known each other since 1st grade.  It was so nice to meet some of her friends and co-workers and to get a little glimpse into her life here in Virginia.  I'm grateful to her and Mike for welcoming me into their home and for showing me a great time.  Strengthing core relationships helps make sense of lose ends.  I've enjoyed their company and conversations, immensely.

Tomorrow morning I will fly back

to my home

to my husband

to my sons

to where I belong.


Thank you Bobbi and Mike for a wonderful time.  I am so thankful to have you in my life, still, after so many years, so many changes and so many memories.

I hope you continue to do the things you enjoy and love.  Continue taking care of each other and living in the moment.  You have a beautiful life here in Virginia.  I am happy for you both and wish all things good for you.

Thank you for the laughs and the smiles.  It's been a blast.


Baby, I'm coming home!  See you soon.

No comments: