Sunday, December 20, 2009

39

Keeping things light.  This week's about to start and in it, is Christmas.  I still can't believe we're celebrating Christmas already.  Seems this year went by a bit to quick.  I'm glad I've allowed myself time to reflect on it.  I've learned a lot about myself. 

Taking a few minutes from "project Christmas" to relax and do this 100 things post.  Sounded like fun when I ran across it on another blog.

Everything I’ve done will be in green, while the things I’ve not done will be either white or black depending upon whether you are reading it on the blog or in a RSS reader.


1. Started my own blog -  I'm proud of this accomplishment.
2. Slept under the stars - many moons ago but yes.  I can't wait to do it again with my sons.
3. I have played in a band - high school band not rock star band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain 
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo - does Karaoke count - I think it totally does
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - never officially diagnosed by a doctor but pretty sure
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables - I accidentally grew cherry tomatoes..lol.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked  
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb- totally have a picture of it too - in NC while at an event while Mom, Dad & Grandma visited.
26. Gone skinny dipping  ;)
27. Run a Marathon - no but rocked a 5k this past year
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - many many times - never gets old
31. Hit a home run - not sure if my memory is correct on this one or not - i think i have
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors  
35. Seen an Amish community - it's a pretty amazing thing
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant -haven't yet but I'd love to
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - TOTALLY FREAKED OUT - i'd like to try it again though
52. Kissed in the rain 
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in
55. Been in a movie 
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen 
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62.Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - boo
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - the boys play with her now - my cabbage patch baby
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar  
72. Pieced a quilt 
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone 
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper  - marriage announcement
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - I've read though that every person alive saves another persons life once in their lifetime and most of them never realize it.  So maybe I have and don't realize it.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - Al Roker count?
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby  - two, thank you very much
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant

39 out of 100.  Stuff like this totally gives me inspiration and fires up ideas.  It's always interesting to see your accomplishments on a list like this. 

Very interesting.  I enjoyed the break and moment of sanity. 

Time to put the Santa hat on and wrap.

I hope some of you share a few of your accomplishments with me.  Just copy and paste into the comment box.
Ta Ta.

No comments: