Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Week Ahead

My glands are swollen and my ears hurt.  I can't remember the last time I had an ear infection so I'm not sure if that's what I'm feeling or if the swelling in my neck is causing my ears to hurt as well.

Darren has to work crazy hours Monday through Thursday.  He won't be home for dinner or the boys bedtime.  He gets to go in a little later in the morning but won't be home till 9 or if things are really busy maybe even 10.

With that said and the pessimistic attitude of mine suppressed I will focus on the fact that this week appears to hold some good possibilities.

I'm expecting a call from Stinky Joes tomorrow with the notion that we are arranging pick up of our van on Thursday.  This is beyond exciting.  Our van has a working radio or at least it did.   I haven't seen my Grandfathers owl in 5 months.  The owl is a purple stuffed toy I won at a carnival when I was a teenager. Despite the fact that the owl had his beak sewed on upside down, my Grandfather loyally hung it from his rear view mirror in his Cadillac for years.  I took it back when Grandpa passed and have had it in every vehicle I've driven since. I'm looking forward to seeing that Owls upside down beak.  I'm also looking forward to putting the boys back in bucket seats rather then on the adjoined seat they've become used to in the loner.  I think it might make for less screaming matches?  Probably not but a Mom can hope right? 

Wednesday is my Daddy's 65th birthday.  I'm hoping the  boys and I can go out to Mom and Dads for dinner.  Aidan hasn't been out there since before he could walk.  I doubt he remembers their doggies, Max and Mindy. I also want some meatloaf.

Thursday, hopefully we'll have our van back.  My niece Ashley turns 13!  Oh lordy lordy.  Kristen, what are you going to do?  TWO TEENAGERS?????  Bless your heart.

This week I'm also hoping to get some alone time with Candace.  It's so tiring having to scream our conversation at each other.  Screaming over our boys so exhausting and so frustrating. Grrrrr.

Friday I will be celebrating making it through the whole week with Darren's crazy hours.  I'm hoping we'll go out to dinner.  I'm hoping the boys and I will no longer be sick.  I'm hoping Darren stays healthy during his exhausting week.  

Darren has to work on Saturday and so do I.  Mom and Dad are coming to spend the day with the boys.  I am pretty sure they will spend most of that time playing with the train table.

I've got some good snacks to get me through the week along with 2 girlie flicks to watch in the evening.  And I have half a bottle of wine left in the fridge....just in case. 

Did I mention that Saturday should be my 100th post!!  What a great way to finish the week.   I'm thinking about doing some sort of contest?  giveaway?  something?  Either way, it'll be my 100th post and that is simply
FANTASTIC!

But that's all for tonight.  I'm off to swig a bottle 2 tablespoons of Tylenol Cold, leaf through a magazine I stole found at work and drift off to a hopefully not fitful dreamy deep sleep.

4 comments:

Candace Rae's Life said...

YAY for alone time! Hope you all feel better soon!

Debbie M. said...

I am very proud of all your blogging you have done a wonderful job and it has also given me something to look forward to either at night or before work in the early morning hours. Keep it up and hope everyone gets to feeling better real soon. Luv

Kristen said...

Wow! Busy week!! :)

Yes, I will be blessed with two teens...although for the last 6 years it has seemed like it with all the attitude lol...

Hope you get your meatloaf ;)

See you Saturday! :)

PolishPrince said...

The Week Behind us says......We made it! Somehow, someway, we made it, thank you for holding down everything despite the sickness all around. *Smooch*